Privacy | Cookies | My Preferences
• We only collect the minimum amount of Personal Data to service your order and to provide you with the very best experience on our website.
• We do not sell, trade or rent your Personal Data to other third parties.
• We only use the minimum number of Cookies that are needed to service your order and to provide you with the very best experience on our website.
• We only hold Personal Data for the minimum time period necessary for our business purposes and to fulfil our legal obligations. After this, we securely dispose of any collected data.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect Personal Data in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us.
When you register with us by establishing an Account, you give us certain Personal Data voluntarily. We collect this information to fulfil the Services you request. This includes your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and any other information you give us to establish an Account.
2. When you purchase something from us.
3. If you purchase something for someone else.
When your purchase something for the benefit of someone else, or if you request someone to make a purchase on your behalf, you give us certain Personal Data about the recipient. We collect this information to fulfil the Services that you request. This includes their name and postal address.
4. When you purchase something as a Guest.
If you make a purchase on The Sweetie Jar’s website as a guest, limited services are available without being required to log in to or establish an Account, known as Guest Transactions. We collect the Personal Data you give us to fulfil your order. This includes your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and any other information you give us.
5. We also get Technical Information when you use The Sweetie Jar’s website.
Whenever you use a website, mobile application or other Internet service, certain information gets created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use The Sweetie Jar’s website. Here are the types of information we collect:
Log Data. When you use The Sweetie Jar’s website, our servers record information, including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address, searches, browser type, the date and time and how you used The Sweetie Jar website, Cookie Data and Device Information.
Cookie Data. We also use ‘cookies’ - small text files sent by your computer each time you visit our website. For a list of cookies we use and what they do, please see the Cookies section of this Policy.
Device Information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device you are using.
6. When you contact us
We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us or contact our customer services.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
HOW DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
We use the information we collect to provide the Service for you. We may process your Personal Data for a variety of reasons that are justified under data protection laws. In addition and for similar reasons, we have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways. It is also fundamental to the nature of the Service we provide.
1. To operate our website and provide Services, including to:
- Identify you when you access your Account
- Enable you to initiate a purchase
- Create an account connection between your Account and Sage Pay (our Payment Service Provider).
- Communicate with you about your Account, the Website, or Services
2. To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analysing, and improving Services and the Website’s performance and functionality. For example, to conduct analytics on who is using our website and how it is being used.
3. To comply with our obligations and enforce the terms of our Website and Services, including complying with all applicable laws and regulations, and for our legitimate interests.
4. To market to you by delivering marketing materials about The Sweetie Jar.
5.To respond to your requests, for example to contact you about a question, quote or comment you submitted to our customer services. You can withdraw your consent at any time and free of charge. Please refer to the section on “Your Privacy Choices” for more information on how to do that.
DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA?
We do not sell, trade or rent your Personal Data to other third parties.
We only share information necessary in order to provide the Services that you have requested. We share your information with:
1. Our partners that provide Services to us.
We share Personal Data with our partners that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These partners may, for example, assist in delivering your goods to you, following purchases made by you, or assist in maintaining our website or assist in sending you email communications about our products.
2. Sage Pay (Our Payment Service Provider).
We share Personal Data with our Payment Service Provider, who will perform services and functions on our behalf, when you pay for goods. This may include managing risk and protect The Sweetie Jar, the Payment Services Providers and you from fraud by verifying your identity, and helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Website or Services. This information may include:
- Personal Data necessary to facilitate the transaction
- Personal Data to help other participant(s) resolve disputes and detect and prevent fraud.
3. With other parties as required by law:
We may share information about you with other parties as required by law including:
- If we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations.
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process or regulations.
- If we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
These cookies enable us to automatically identify you, the items you wish to purchase, and where you would like the items to be delivered. When you “Log In” or press “Buy Now” on the item page, your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie.
Cookies that The Sweetie Jar’s website uses:
Necessary for the Functioning of the website:
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_orig_referrer||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|Cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|Secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|Secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages.|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages.|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|tracked_start_checkout||Shopify analytics relating to checkout.|
|_utmb||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.||Session||HTTP|
|__utmc||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.||Session||HTTP|
|__utmt||Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server.||Session||HTTP|
|__utmz||Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used. Used by Google Analytics.||6 months||HTTP|
|__utma||Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit. Used by Google Analytics.||2 years||HTTP|
WHAT PRIVACY CHOICES ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU?
1. Choices Relating to the Personal Data We Collect From You.
- Personal Data. You may decline to provide Personal Data when it is requested by The Sweetie Jar, but our services may be unavailable to you.
- Location and other device-level information. The device you use to access The Sweetie Jar website may collect information about you, including Geolocation Information and User usage data that we may then collect and use for analytical purposes. For information about your ability to restrict the collection and use of such information, please use the settings available in the device.
2. Choices Relating to Cookies.
You may have options available to manage your cookies preferences. For example, your browser or internet device may allow you to delete, disable or block certain cookies and other tracking technologies. You may choose to enable these options, but in doing so may prevent you from using some of the core features and functions available on The Sweetie Jar’s website.
3. Choices Relating to Your Registration and Account Information.
If you have an Account with The Sweetie Jar, you can review and edit Personal Data in the Account by logging in and updating the information directly. Contact Us if you have any questions about your Account information or other Personal Data.
4. Choices Relating to Communication
- We will send communications to you that are required or necessary to send to you, in order to fulfill your order or answer any request you have made to us. You may not opt-out of receiving these communications.
- We may send you information about The Sweetie Jar’s products, via email. You may opt out of these emails we send by following the instructions in the email you receive.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have the right of access, rectification, restriction and erasure in respect of your Personal Data.
If you have an Account with The Sweetie Jar, you can review and edit Personal Data in the Account by logging in and updating the information directly.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We maintain technical, physical and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration.
The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls and information access authorisation controls. Whilst we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and Account/profile registration information and verifying the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current.
We are not responsible for protecting any Personal Data that we share with our partners and Payment Service Provider for business purposes or as permitted or required by law.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU KNOW?
2. The data controller for this website is The Sweetie Jar, Unit 1 – Manvers Business Park, High Hazles Road, Cotgrave, NG12 3GZ.
3. Account means The Sweetie Jar member account.
4. Personal Data means information that can be associated with an identified or directly or indirectly identifiable person. ‘Personal Data’ can include, but is not limited to, name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number and email address.
5. Geolocation Information means information that identifies, with reasonable specificity, your location, by using co-ordinates through GPS or Wi-Fi.
7. Process means any method or way that we handle Personal Data or sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data.
8. Services means the goods/products that you are purchasing from us either with an Account or as a Guest Transaction. It also includes details of any enquiry you make to The Sweetie Jar.
9. Guest Transaction means a person’s use of the Services without logging in and/or establishing an Account.
10. Technical Usage Data means information we collect from your phone, computer or other device that you use to access The Sweetie Jar website or Services. Technical Usage Data tells us how you use the website, such as what you have searched for and viewed, including IP address, statistics regarding how pages are loaded and viewed, the website you visited before coming to the Website and other usage and browsing information collected through Cookies.
11. User means an individual who uses the Services or accesses the Website and has established a relationship with The Sweetie Jar (for example, by registering for an Account or otherwise uses the Services as a buyer or other type of participant to a transaction, including a Guest Transaction).